You might have heard of the enormous motorcycle rally held in Sturgis, S.D., each year. But did you know that Daytona Bike Week is the biggest rally in the world? That fact often surprises even the most ardent motorcycle enthusiasts.
Accidents are bound to happen when hundreds of thousands of bike lovers descend on our area during Bike Week (which is actually 10 days). Tragically, five riders died during 2022 Bike Week, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
The Eberst Law Firm will be here for you if you suffer a severe injury during Daytona Bike Week 2023, which runs from March 3-12. Whether you ride and a car hits you, or you’re a motorist hurt by a rider’s negligence, we’ll help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We’ll tell you what to expect throughout your case and work to make sure those responsible for your injury face accountability.
If you want to learn more about how we may be of assistance, you can use our online contact form or call 1-888-CALL-JON for a free evaluation of your case.
The Increased Risk of Accidents During Daytona Bike Week
Daytona Beach and the surrounding areas will have many more people during Bike Week than usual. That’s an understatement. Unfortunately, that means more people will be involved in motorcycle accidents. These accidents will lead to severe injuries that will cost tens of thousands of dollars to treat.
What are some of the factors that will go into making it riskier than usual to be on two or four wheels during Bike Week? One of the most important is the sheer number of people enjoying all the festivities.
Another is that many attendees will be here throughout the event. They will try to take in as many activities as possible, making them very tired. When someone tries to operate a vehicle when fatigued, their reactions won’t be as sharp as they typically are, and they won’t be able to avoid sudden obstacles or other issues.
Yet another factor will be recklessness. It’s almost inevitable that some riders will want to show how skilled they are – whether or not they actually have riding skills. For example, a biker might try to pop a wheelie and hit a car; even worse, they might hit some pedestrians.
Probably the most significant factor that will play a role in Bike Week accidents will be alcohol consumption. Bike Week is a major party, of course, so there will be a lot of people who drink far too much to be able to operate a motorcycle or car safely.
One of the first things you’ll need to do if a negligent biker or driver hurts you will be to contact an attorney. Hiring a lawyer will be your only chance of getting fair compensation.
Common Causes of Accidents During Daytona Bike Week
Daytona Bike Week accidents occur for many different reasons. These are some of the more common ones:
- Impairment – Again, riders and motorists tend to overdo it during Bike Week when it comes to drinking alcohol. When they do, they have no business riding a bike or driving a car. But people will still do this, and some will cause devastating wrecks.
- Congested streets and highways – There are already far too many motorcycle accidents on Florida roads each year. With more traffic comes more accidents – and more severe injuries and deaths.
- Distractions – Motorcyclists and drivers are guilty of operating their vehicles while distracted. The most common distraction is talking and texting, but there are plenty of others. For example, drivers might try to eat while behind the wheel, and riders might be too busy looking at people partying on the sidewalk to avoid a wreck.
- Road rage – Not everyone in the Daytona Beach area welcomes Bike Week crowds, of course. They can’t stand the added traffic they’ll have to navigate. Some of them will take out their frustrations on riders as well as other drivers.
- Carelessness – Many drivers aren’t used to motorcycles sharing the road, and they’ll often forget to check their blind spots and slam into an oncoming bike.
How The Eberst Law Firm Can Help
Many accidents likely to occur during Daytona Bike Week will, thankfully, result in relatively minor injuries. People will suffer broken bones and other injuries that will heal reasonably quickly. Other victims, however, won’t be as fortunate, suffering severe injuries that can lead to a lifetime of debilitation.
No matter what category you fall into, The Eberst Law Firm will be here to help. We’ll do all we can to help you get the compensation you have coming for the medical treatment you’ll need, the wages you’ll lose because you can’t work, and other damages you’ll incur.
How will we go about doing this? We’ll perform an investigation to get to the bottom of what happened. The investigation will not only determine why the accident occurred but also show who was to blame. Our attorneys have a lot of experience gathering evidence, and that’s just what we’ll do to make your case as strong as possible.
Next, we’ll demand compensation from the insurance company that covers the at-fault party. The vast majority of personal injury cases reach a settlement out of court. But if the insurer refuses to make a fair offer, we’ll be ready to go to trial.
Contact The Eberst Law Firm if you were injured during Bike Week 2023
The motorcycle accident attorneys with The Eberst Law Firm have a deep understanding of Florida personal injury law. We’ll put that knowledge to work for you to help you get every dollar you deserve for your suffering. You’ll never have any surprises because we’ll keep you informed throughout your case.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation, please use our online contact form or call us at 1-888-CALL-JON. You can rest assured we’ll fight for your rights at every turn, and hold accountable those to blame for your suffering.