The Eberst Law Firm $2,000 Scholarship
Apply Now for Our Fall 2022 Video Essay Scholarship
At The Eberst Law Firm, we understand the value of getting a good education so that you can do things you want to in life and take care of the people you love. We also realize that college can be expensive. That is why we have created a $2,000 scholarship that is easy to apply for.
The Eberst Law Firm Scholarship is open to individuals who are currently attending or planning on attending an accredited college in the United States. In order to enter, the student or prospective student must submit a video essay on the selected topic for that semester.
To apply for the Fall 2022 scholarship contest, applicants must submit a 1-2 minute video essay on that semester’s selected topic.
Technology is progressing in almost every area of our life, and cars are no different. Features like Forward-collision warning, Automatic emergency braking, Pedestrian detection, Blind-spot warning, Lane-departure warning, and even technologies like self-driving cars, are going to revolutionize driver safety.
In your opinion, what new automotive safety feature (either existing or still to come) will make the biggest impact on keeping drivers and passengers safe over the coming years?
What is a Video Essay?
Video essays combine different forms of media such as video, audio (voice-over, music, sound effects), and text overlay to analyze a topic. In a lot of ways, they are similar to a written essay, with an introduction, body, and conclusion. An effective video essay will have a strong thesis or argument.
Video essays may include any or all of the following:
- Voice-over: Video or a series of images are shown while a script is read over the top of the visuals.
- Text & Images: Written text on the screen over video or still images – might also include voice-over
- B-roll: Excerpts from videos created by others or found on stock video sites. Text, voice-over, and/or other audio may be included.
*If you need additional guidance, search YouTube for video essays and see what other students have created. You can also find plenty of articles about the structure of a video essay, where to find free stock videos, how to make your video look good, and many other helpful topics online.
The application guidelines are as follows:
- Essays must be received by: August 10, 2022 at 11:59pm
- Publish your video to any free social media platform. Youtube is easy and free.
- Submissions should be sent to EberstScholarship@gmail.com
- In the email, applicants should include:
- their name, address, and phone number.
- the name of the school you are currently attending or planning to attend
- the program you are in or planning on attending
- a link to your video on Youtube
- Do not include a cover letter.
- Do not submit a written essay, CV, or equivalent. Only video essays will be considered.
- Once the application deadline has passed, the essays will be reviewed and judged based on the following criteria:
- Response to the question
- Video quality and style
The winner of the Fall 2022 scholarship will be contacted directly using the info provided.
We look forward to viewing your submissions and helping the winner meet their education costs.
- One winner per semester will be chosen.
- Contestants (the winner and non-winners) should be aware that their videos may be shared on The Eberst Law Firm’s social media and other places.
- This is a new scholarship so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity.
Apply for Scholarship
Once you have completed your video and you have published it on a social media platform, click the link below.
Please do not send a video file attached to the email or other type of submissions that don’t meet the requirements above.
Remember to include the information above and the link to your video submission.
Ivan Naranjo (Spring 2022)
Ivan graduated from the University of Texas and is now on his way to study law at Texas Tech School of Law. Ivan created an awesome video where he told a personal story while answering the prompt. Everyone here at the firm was so impressed. Great job Ivan.
Check out Ivan’s winning submission below:
We offer free, no obligation consultations!
The Eberst Law Firm, P.A.
Florida Personal Injury Attorneys